Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

wifi device unable to connect to internet

I am a new Telstra broadband customer with T-Gateway TG797nv3.  Everything is working well except my Panasonic bluray recorder (model DMR-BWT720) which is connected wirelessly but cannot access the internet.  The network connection test results are (1) Wireless setting - pass. (2) IP address setting - home network available. (3) Connection to gateway - fail (connection to the internet function is not possible.  Please check the settings of broadband router.  I was able to connect to the internet with my previous ISP/router on this unit.  Can anyone please advise if I can change the settings of the T-Gateway router to allow this unit to connect to the internet.  I have several other devices connected wirelessly to the router and they all work fine.  I tried disabling the wifi security as detailed in a post about issues with connecting on 20.12.12 but it made no difference to the connection.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: wifi device unable to connect to internet

Hi chrise,

Our technical support teams can provide assistance with hooking up standard devices (PC or laptop) or Telstra devices including T-Box, T-Hub, most mobile phones/tablets.

However, devices such as TVs, consoles, DVD players, PVRs or HTPCs would require premium assistance, which we offer via Telstra Plus.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit