Level 1: Cadet

Wifi Modem password

Answered

The password on the magnet issued with our Telstra WiFi modem does not work. We have never changed it or used it before. How do I reset or get to work. We are on NBN through HFC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi Modem password

If you have a device connected by LAN cable to the modem you can check the password by login into modem and going to WiFi settings. The password is the network key.

http://192.168.0.1 password is Telstra.

To reset mod press reset button located on back of modem near LAN port 2 (Gen 2) or below power switch (Gen 2) for at least 10 seconds.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you have a device connected by LAN cable to the modem you can check the password by login into modem and going to WiFi settings. The password is the network key.

http://192.168.0.1 password is Telstra.

To reset mod press reset button located on back of modem near LAN port 2 (Gen 2) or below power switch (Gen 2) for at least 10 seconds.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks cf4. Telstra as a password worked. All stuff I had found said to use admin or password.

Nothing had changed yet we can't log devices on to the WiFi or they drop off and on - frustrating!

Trying to log on to see if there is anything obvious. Have reset modem twice already but hard to work out why it's happening

Highlighted

What is the firmware and model of the modem. This information is displayed on LHS of modem’s login screen.

Highlighted

Gateway Information
Serial No
ARC1937749006
Firmware Number
0.10.05r
Gateway Make Model
Arcadyan LH1000
Highlighted

I don't know of any issues like this on that model of modem and firmware.it might be that one device is incompatible with modem. You could try connecting devices one at a time to see if one device is causing the problem.

Another thing you could try is changing the Wifi channel for both WiFi bands from auto to a fixed channel in the modem's WiFi settings.

Highlighted

I have a nokia phone. I am trying to connect phone to new modem  password,  but the password isnt beinv accepted.  Password box says, unchanged,in unhighlighted text

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit