Mary-of-Melb
Level 1: Cadet

wrong address information NBN

I am just so frustrated. I now know NBN is in my building  - an apartment block. Found out by taking to fellow residents. I have received no written notification . I wanted to find out date by which I have to have NBN connected. Rang the Telstra NBN  - lovely young man from the Phillipines. But - he could not find the address. In the end I managed to find out the problem I think- the NBN database has my apartment building, which is in St Kilda Rd Melbourne as having postcode 3000. The postcode is actually 3004. The man at the end of the phone kept telling me there was no record of the building. He was loathe to give me any information because the postcode was wrong - must be a different building!! I know that all St Kilda Rd Melbourne  addresses have post code 3004.

I think I have the information I want i.e. date by which I need to connect, but I am not sure.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: wrong address information NBN

Not quite right. Not all St Kilda Road buildings have the 3004 postcode. Some are 3006 and one is 3205. But none are 3000. Probably someone at NBN Co got lazy with the coding and forgot what they were doing.

There are no number duplications on St Kilda Road, so if you gave the street address, then that part should match. Might be better to go into a Telstra Store to get it organized. A Melbournian should understand the issue. Try the Collins St store (between Queen and William St), I have always found them to offer excellent service.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Mary-of-Melb
Level 1: Cadet

Re: wrong address information NBN

Thank you for the information and advice - appreciated!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit