Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Wrong DHCP range

recently some of my devices not all are getting the wrong ip address range. should be 192.168.0...... but instead they are getting 192.168.5........ so no internet. I have tried resetting modem, disconnecting all devices then reconnecting to no avail. 

Any adbice would be awesome.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Wrong DHCP range

What is the model no of the modem?

Have you checked that the devices with wrong IP address are set to use DHCP.

Highlighted

yes all devices have been checked and dhcp is enabled.

Highlighted

Are the devices showing up in the list of devices connected devices on modem's home page?

Are the devices connected to modem's normal WiFi SSID and not to Telstra Air or the modem's guest SSID

Highlighted

Yeah all devices are there we even checked the mac address and turned the all off but didn't solve anything.

There was one that was unaccounted for from arcadyan corporation but i thought that might be the modem itself.

Highlighted

What firmware version does your modem have? This is displayed on left hand side of modem's log in screen.

Highlighted

18.1.c.0443-950-RB

Highlighted

Model 
Technicolor DJA0231
Highlighted

The modem is a Technicolor modem. The Arcadyan device might be a Gen 2 booster as they are made by the Arcadyan company. The booster normally shows up as "TA-Mesh-WLAN-362" so the mysterious device might be a second router. Is the mysterious device connected by WiFi or is it connected by Ethernet? 

Highlighted

must be wifi nothing is hardwired

Highlighted

Suggest you black list the Arcadyan device for all WiFi networks in the Advanced WiFi settings and then disconnect all devices and then reconnect all devices (Use WiFi button on back off modem to turn WiFi of for few seconds and then back on)

See section 19 of document linked in this post for how to blacklist a WiFi device.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

Highlighted

Thanks will try that in the morning.

Highlighted

so power went out last night for about 4hrs when i got up everything was working normally except now our modem is showing a red light on the front. Internet is fine so i dont know what its problem is.

Highlighted

If there isn't a fault with both main and 4G backup connection turning power off for a few minutes and then back on usually fixes the red light  Is the Arcadyan devices still showing in the list of connected devoces?

Highlighted

I dont mind the red light as long as everything is working. Yeah thenArcadyan device still shows as connected.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit