pphillipps
Level 1: Cadet

Xbox One won't connect to New Gateway Max

Hello, I have just been connected to the NBN and have a Telstra Gateway Max.

I haven't customised any settings on the router other than renaming my Wireless network.

I have a wired connection for my X-box one directly into the router but it won't connect to xbox live.

I get the error no DHCP server. I checked the local Network and DHCP is on and the range is within the IP range of 10.0.0.x.

If I manually set the IP address on the Xbox it works for about 15mins then disconnects.

I set a Fixed lease address on the router matching the address I configured on the Xbox and that made no difference.

Has anyone else struck this type of issue?

What do I need to do to sort this out?

As an aside my Canon Primter which was working fine before will not connect to the wireless network.

All other wireless devices are working fine.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Xbox One won't connect to New Gateway Max

Hi PPhillipps, 

How frustrating. We do have a 24x7 NBN Assurance team who can help getting this sorted out for you. 

Please call 1800834273 - IVR > 3 for further assistance. 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

pphillipps

Thank you Lindy. It has mysteriously come right. With now only the occassional IP issue.

If it crops up again I will call the number quoted.

thank you for your response.

Best Regards

Peter

Ninja_Sun

this is a lie I rang Telstra and they said they did not have a number what lier's

J-Man
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Ninja_Sun

The number that was provided by Lindy above is for our NBN tech team.

Can you provide more detail about the issue that you are experiencing with Wi-Fi and your X-Box? You can find some general Wi-Fi Troubleshooting tips here, which may help you to improve the signal quality. 

If you are still experiencing difficulties with the Wi-Fi in general, please contact NBN Tech Support on 1800 834 273 or ADSL & Cable Tech Support on 133 933. 

If you are needing assistance with the X-Box specifically, please contact Telstra Platinum on 137 587.

- Justyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit