topsidesoul
Level 1: Cadet

Your WAN connection is down. Check your link and Internet connection settings..

Since upgrading to a Telstra Gateway Max modem, I have been getting my internet go down mutliple times a day with the error page appearing on my browser....' Your WAN connection is down. Check your link and Internet connection settings..'

unplugged the modem and waited, cleaned the connections and this is still happenining.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Your WAN connection is down. Check your link and Internet connection settings..

Hi, thanks for coming through, and sorry to hear of the issues you've been having. Did you keep the old modem? If so, have you tried plugging it back in to see if that resolves the issue? 

Please let us know the result. I'd like to hear that this is resolved - Matthew

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mojo2
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Your WAN connection is down. Check your link and Internet connection settings..

Mine too. For months. Checking many forums & boards, there are MANY people with the same unresolved problem. Many people waiting hours on the phone & days for service technicians who then either don't arrive & or can't find a fault at the site..
My guess?
It's deliberate.
Telstra intentionally 'unplugging'.
Why? Don't know. But maybe a bit like power company providers offering incentives to 'switch off' to minimise load problems. Except this is covert & intentional.
I'm going to do a one-time repost of this on Facebook, and ask that my site be removed from the 'unplugging' list (or the 'who goes' algorithm) .. or I go to another non-telstra provider immediately.
Matthew?
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

There are a lot of possible causes for disconnections and drop outs to occur, but I can assure you that we are not "unplugging" services to help manage the load. 

Have you contacted Tech Support to report the issue so that we can do further testing to try and resolve this issue for you?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit