JA5
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

125102 stopped working

I use 125102 to access my home phone Messagebank fairly often and have noticed just today that it has stopped working. When it prompts for my number, it tells me that the number is incorrect. I tried the 1800 and 04 alternates (https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/setup-activate-and-manage-y...) with the same outcome. If I call my home phone and then press # when I hear my greeting, that works fine.

When I called technical support, they told me that it had been disabled for security reasons although the website mentions nothing about this. The support person told me there would be an announcement coming soon. Anyone know more about this?

Please don’t aim for my head.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
GarryR
Level 1: Cadet

Re: 125102 stopped working

Hello same here, the excuse given does not hold water. I believe that a firmware update had been wrongly applied and wiped out several functions including "message alert to mobile" a shameful excercise. The sucurity excuse again is porus as no security issues are present as all processes are passord protected. Lame excuse for inefficiency. I have an incident number that it will be reinstated in a few days.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

A firmware update on what, exactly?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GarryR
Level 1: Cadet

On the Modem

Jupiter

The voicemail has nothing to do with the modem firmware. It's run and controlled on a server on the Telstra end of the network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

That feature hasn't been working for a few weeks. There are other posts here about it.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter

To get your voicemail, call your number, and as soon as the announcement starts, press # then enter your 6 digit pin.

JA5
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

@Jupiter wrote:

To get your voicemail, call your number, and as soon as the announcement starts, press # then enter your 6 digit pin.

Thanks. As mentioned in my original post, that’s working fine. I also experienced what @GarryR mentioned about SMS notification to mobile having stopped working.

Please don’t aim for my head.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit