incey
Level 1: Cadet

Account Set up with an expired licence

My mum recently moved from QLD to VIC. She wants to set up a Telstra Home Phone Essentials plan (she's 84). Because of her age, she stopped driving and her driver's licence is now expired.

Can she set up a Telstra account if her licence is expired and she does not have a passport - so she can't provide a form of Primary ID document, unless they accept an expired licence.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Account Set up with an expired licence

There is a Telstra page regarding ID requirements for new accounts, which states:

What forms of ID can I use to set up a new account?

You’ll need 100 points of ID, and that must include at least one form of primary ID. To make up your 100 points, you can use: 

• One primary ID plus one or two forms of secondary ID, or 
  • Two primary IDs

For a primary ID, your mother could use:

Australian/State Government issued Proof of Age/Identity Card (only when combined with a Medicare card which includes the applicant’s name).  Worth 60 points

In Victoria the Proof of Age card is issued by Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation

For a Secondary ID, your mother can use a Medicare card or a financial institution Credit, debit or ATM card.  Worth 40 points.

Total = 100 points

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit