Nellie5
Level 1: Cadet

All i wanted to know was if the line rental was included, but.

All I wanted to know was if the line rental was included in the $55 plan. I didn't realise it was going to be so much trouble trying to find out. It's ridiculous. Why can't it just say that it's included or not, and if not how much?? Anyway I might just stick with Southern Phone for now, who are also just as difficult to get on to. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: All i wanted to know was if the line rental was included, but.

Hi - If you are referring to the Telstra Ultimate Voice Plan per this link, then the answer is shown in the Critical Information Summary PDF. You pay a fixed fee of $55 per month for the call categories shown. This telephone line service is provided on an NBN enabled connection only, so your home address needs to be able to accommodate this service. Once you migrate to NBN, it is not possible to go back to a traditional landline. There is an option to have the same package but with an upgrade price to include an Internet service.

https://www.telstra.com.au/home-phone

Once you click on the Critical Information Summary, you will see what you are entitled to for $55 per month. Be aware of possible additional charges - the Installation Charge which is shown on the web page as being waived (suggest to confirm if still valid) and other possible charges if Professional Installation is required.  

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: All i wanted to know was if the line rental was included, but.

The simple answer is that there is no such thing as line rental anymore. You take out a plan, that's it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit