pauline210
Level 2: Rookie

Battery Charging

I have just bought a new 'Telstra Smart Handset - Cordless.

I am wondering about charging the batteries.

Can you leave the battery charger on overnight to charge the batteries or do you have to turn off the charger when the batteries are fully charged? Does it do the batteries any damage if you leave the charger on once the batteries are fully charged?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Battery Charging

In general, leaving a fully charged battery on the charger doesn't cause any long term damage, unless you leave it there pretty much permanently..  but that is not the way you tend to use a cordless phone anyway - nor a mobile phone.  All batteries respond and perform best with full power cycles - charge up, let the device run itself almost flat, recharge..  that gets the best 'capacity' (or run time) from the batteries and the best life, but there is no real issue with leaving a charged battery on charge for a while. There are differences in quality of batteries and chargers though, so there are always variables in play..  battery types (NiMH, LiPo etc.) also add another variable..  

How do you use your mobile phone for instance - use it all day and recharge overnight? Do the same with your cordless handset..  and your car if it is an electrickery one..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
pauline210
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you for you reply SteveW_52. It was very helpful.

SteveW_52

Glad it was of some help, as it was a very broad, general comment. Battery and charging technology has come a long way but there are still vagaries as to 'quality'...  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Ozmoz

Hi @pauline210 

I have a Telstra cordless Call Guardian 301 and that has always left in the cradle for charging regardless of its usage. And still work 100% after about 18 months. Even then I could just replace the recharging batteries if I need to.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit