Jackieak
Level 1: Cadet

BLOCKING UNKNOWN CALLERS & CALLS FROM PRIVATE NUMBERS

Answered

We were recently given a new home phone number by Telstra and I took the opportunity to make the number silent. This means it is not displayed when I make calls and not listed in phone books. Why then do we still receive calls from call centre's who say our number is on their data base?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: BLOCKING UNKNOWN CALLERS & CALLS FROM PRIVATE NUMBERS

Could be several resons.

The number you've been allocated might be from a storage of old redundent numbers that aare re-cycled after a period of time...

BUT, more likely you are recieveing calls that really, whilst the call centre might say you are in their data bank, are actually computer generated calls. The numbers are generated by a computer and dialed, the so called operator actually doen't do a thing except respond when a light shows up on their control panel to say that the call is being answered. Normally these are from overseas areas, and more often than not associated with scam calls,so the Australian do not call register has absouletly no effect.

To avoid local tele-marketing, m,alke sure that you have registered you new number on the Don Not Call Register: https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: BLOCKING UNKNOWN CALLERS & CALLS FROM PRIVATE NUMBERS

Could be several resons.

The number you've been allocated might be from a storage of old redundent numbers that aare re-cycled after a period of time...

BUT, more likely you are recieveing calls that really, whilst the call centre might say you are in their data bank, are actually computer generated calls. The numbers are generated by a computer and dialed, the so called operator actually doen't do a thing except respond when a light shows up on their control panel to say that the call is being answered. Normally these are from overseas areas, and more often than not associated with scam calls,so the Australian do not call register has absouletly no effect.

To avoid local tele-marketing, m,alke sure that you have registered you new number on the Don Not Call Register: https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit