Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Cable broadband phone outage not allowing call outward or inward 4221 Palm beach

No calls inward or outbound. Outbound line buzzing only after dial tones and inbound phone rings but answering gives only crackling over buzzing and no connection happens as the ringing continues as bursts of crackling/buzzing untill message bank cuts in.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Cable broadband phone outage not allowing call outward or inward 4221 Palm beach

Try restarting your modem as that sometimes helps.

If that doesn't work then call 132200 or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to send you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Re: Cable broadband phone outage not allowing call outward or inward 4221 Palm beach

Hi Jupiter,, MANY restarts, including for too-frequent cable broadband dropouts = ALL fail to resolve phone problem, rings incoming but NOTHING connects,, but much crackling till messages start,,, We forced to drop GREAT svc at Optus cause of old copper ADSL bandwidth fail & I not able to get internet with anyone else as Telstra refuses to hand over their cable to other providers or even NBN,,,  BUT when I can I will NEVER use Telstra again, regardless if other cost me extra

iNev

Highlighted

Palm Beach is an NBN area. All the cable is owned by NBN Co, and has been for at least 14 months. So you could be with any provider that you want.

In saying that, if it is a problem with the cable itself (which it sounds like it is if you are getting internet dropouts as well), then changing providers isn't going to fix it. You need to get an NBN Co techincian to come and check it out.

Try calling 133933 or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to send you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

mmmmm. thanks jupiter,, but,, FYI,,, Pls try entering <Removed for privacy> into any nbn provider, address availability search?? ==> NBN NOT available,,,

iNev

Highlighted

I've sent you a private message to help you out (due to having to mention your address), and asked the moderators to remove your address from your post as this is a public forum.

But basically, it boils down to the fact that your address does not exist in the NBN Co database and it is tied in with the address of the house/unit on the corner.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit