Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Call Forwarding Charges

I have the Family Calls Benefit on my Telstra home phone account where I can forward my calls from the home phone to my nominated mobile at no cost.  Can anyone tell me what I would be charged (if anything) if the incoming call was from overseas? Are overseas call included in the Family Calls Benefit or would there be extra charges to my mobile??  
Thanks so much.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Call Forwarding Charges

Hi Jangilis, all the offers in Telstra 'Family Calls Benefits',  are based on activities of devices here in Australia and on the same bill/account, Not overseas.

If you set up call forwarding for incoming from overseas, standard costs associated with this would apply;

Normally it's as follows and can depend on the country inmvolved, 6c per 30 second block or part thereof (inc. GST)1. Some additional charges may apply2.

1 Call Forward charges do not apply to customers on BlackBerry® Voice Plans.
2 Call Forward to Optus Mobile Satellite Phones costs an additional $1 per 30 seconds (including GST). Call Forward to 0011 international numbers has an additional charge of the applicable 0011 rate + 10c per 30 seconds (including GST).

Sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit