Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Call Forwarding

How do I stop call forwarding on my landline going to my mobile. Every time I call my landline from my mobile - the call diverts back to my mobile.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Call Forwarding

Your land line must be set to forward that way..

If you log in to your My Account in a browser at: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Under you landline number in the list of services, click on Manage Plan and Allowances

Then under Call Settings click on Manage, click on Call Forwarding, and there you will see all the settings for Call Forwarding .. 

You might see some Rules:    CFU = immediate (I think),   CFB = Busy etc.  if any of those rules are on and have your mobile number against them, then turn them off or delete them (CFU maybe in your case?)

The two other settings you might want are:

'Forwarding to Messagebank'  at the bottom which you could enable or disable as you wish; and

at the top "Forward to Message bank after xx seconds where xx can be anything from 15 to 55 seconds in 5 second increment (i.e. 15,  20, 25 etc.) if you change it, click Save to apply it.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

To stop call forwarding to mobile oprn s web browser and go to https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home or use the My Telstra app. Log in and select your phone account. Go to manage account (Account information). Go to Call settingsing turn of and save settings.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-set-up-call-forwardi...

Highlighted

@cf4   I have noticed a few changes this morning, in the way the Call Forwarding is presented in My Account..  I was last in there on Thursday last - now there are a list of rules showing.  I haven't checked in the app though, haven't seen any update or other information on the change either.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

I haven't seen any official notification of the changes but I did notice the extra settings.

Highlighted

Yes..  it would be nice have a clarification on what the abbreviations mean...  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there, as SteveW_52 mentioned CFI stands for Call Forwarding immediate and CFB should stand for Call Forwarding Busy. I hope this helps clear up any confusion around the abbreviations. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. There are also some other options. The options available are:

CFU

CFB

CFUNR
CFNRC

CFNR

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, here's some additional abbreviations and when they can be used. 

CFB (Call Forward Busy) when already on a call

CFNRC (Call Forward Unreachable) when the phone is switched off or in a no coverage area

CFNRY (Call Forward No Answer) set time in increments of 5 seconds

CFU (Call Forward All Calls (Unconditional) call diverted to another number immediately without ringing but you can make outgoing calls; this setting overrides any other diversions 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thanks for the clarifications, I know there are a few confused customers out there because this change seems to have been undocumented and not notified to end users - a sticky here in CrowdSupport might be a good idea?

Stevo 52

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit