Level 2: Rookie

calling number display

Since switching to NBN I no longer have cnd on my landline. How do I get this activated again?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: calling number display

If it is incoming cnd contact Telstra support and request cnd. If you have lost outgoing caller number display you can turn this on by using  My Telstra app or online at Telstra My Account.

Go to services

Go to Home Phone

Go to Manage Bundle

Go to Privacy settings and turn Caller Identification on.

Thanks for your suggestion which I tried. From 10.30am till 6.30pm and still no CND even though I'm told its been activated.  At this point thinking easier to change service provider than deal with Telstra!!

To check that it is not caused by an incompatibility issue between your handset and the modem could you check the call log in the modem. To check call log open a web browser on device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Go to Advanced > Telephony > Call log. Are the incoming call numbers being recorded or does it show No Not Avalable? If numbers are displayed there then it is an incompatibility issue between modem and handset.

The incoming calls are not available. Should I be contacting NBN rather than Telstra? They tell me cnd is activated. The handset is call guardian 301

This is a Telstra problem and not a NBN problem. There was a similar problem to this were customers lost CND when they changed modem. This effected a large number of customers and was fixed last week. The problem is not due to NBN link but due  to CND not being programed by Telstra on your phone service. The Call guardian 301 should be compatible. Unfortunately the Telstra support staff are not well trained they might have been looking at outgoing caller ID instead of incoming caller ID.

I was having trouble with the landline after nbn connected. Caller could hear me but I couldn't hear them. Telstra provided a new modem which fixed that problem but no cdn. I'll give live chat another go then I guess my only other option will be to make a formal complaint. I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit