Level 5: Eagle Eye

Can't change Messagebank delay time

Does anyone know how to change the Messagebank delay when nothing seems to change it?

My friend can't change the delay time for an unanswered call to go to Messagebank on their home phone.  No matter what time they set using *99xx# or the MyAccount website, the call goes to Messagebank after ringing for 15 seconds.  Even if they disable Messagebank completely, after 15 seconds of ringing, the call is disconnected.

The delay displayed on MyAccount is the one set using *99# or MyAccount, but the actual delay is 15 seconds regardless.

They have an HFC NBN connection and a Smart Modem Gen 2.

They contacted Telstra but everything they tried didn't help.  They even suggested that the problem was that the phone was a non-Telstra phone.  It's not the phone!!  The problem exists even when no phone is connected to the modem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem or how to fix it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Can't change Messagebank delay time

Try using this code instead

**61*101**XX#   where XX equals the number of seconds: 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 or 55 

then press SEND or CALL.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 5: Eagle Eye

The above is for a mobile phone.  My question is for a home phone over the NBN.

The Telstra people did suggest this but it doesn't work.

Level 21: Augmented

This worked for me on an NBN phone, I did it several times - Messagebank is now shared across mobiles and NBN phones apparently.. but whatever..

but then I have done it through My Account as well, and you reckon that doesn't work either..

Does your incoming Caller ID work correctly?

I have also seen suggestions to dial *99  waair a second or two, then complete the sequence with the number of rings..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit