Level 2: Rookie

cancel my home phone service with Telstra and suspend my bigpond email account with Telstra

hi,

I would like to cancel my home phone services with Telstra and no longer require my bigpond email address anymore with Telstra, how do i do this? tried to ring up and cannot get through on the 132200 number, given a link which is confusing and tried to do this online, my last day for my current bill is today, my phone number is no longer with Telstra and has already gone to the new provider.

please note i wish to still have my mobiles and tablet with Telstra. please let me know as soon as possible, thanks Agatha Taylor.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: cancel my home phone service with Telstra and suspend my bigpond email account with Telstra

If your home phone has been transferred to a new provider, then your Telstra service should automatically have been cancelled by the porting process.

This process will have also caused the cancellation of your Telstra email as you needed to let Telstra know prior to porting that you wished to retain it.

Your mobiles and tablet will still be with Telstra unless you requested another provider to port them as well.

If you need to contact Telstra, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get an initial response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

cancel my home phone service with Telstra and suspend my bigpond email account with Telstra

I cant get the app on my mobile to work because it says it is not compatible, my nig pond email address is still working, even though the home phone has been transferred to another provider, i would like to speak to someone from telstra but the 132200 number only tells aboutgetting the app on your mobile which in my case does not work. How am i suppose to let telstra know about any issues if i cannot talk to someone at telstra? This is making it very hard to try and make sure that everything is ok when i cannot speak to anyone. 

Level 21: Augmented

Re: cancel my home phone service with Telstra and suspend my bigpond email account with Telstra

If your home phone, mobile devices and email were all on the one account previously, then even if you have ported the home phone to another provider the email account will probably still be active as it is attached to your Telstra account, which is current for the mobile devices still.

What device do you have that won't run the My Telstra app?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Email is attached to your home internet service, so it should cancel (usually within a billing period) when that is transferred to another provider.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

I have some Telstra mobile devices on a separate contract to my internet service. There is an email account associated with that contract even though there is no phone or internet included. That email is my Telstra ID for the account and is how I sign in to that account on the web or using the Telstra app.

I also don't believe that any Telstra email is cancelled 'immediately'! For example I have a currently active Bigpond email address, that I actually cancelled in 2007 but still get Telstra sales material through. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

hi

I would like to cancel my mobile number on my tablet because it is no longer needed, how do I do this? cannot speak to anyone on the phone and the my telstra app is not compactible on my mobile phone, what do I do? My mobile number is <Removed for privacy>, I do not require this number anymore and I do not want to be charged for this anymore, my tablet has been transferred to another supplier, can you please let me know how do I let Telstra know so i will not incur any more charges for this.  thanks, much appreciated regards, Agatha.

No-one in CrowdSupport has account access so the only way to cancel your Telstra service is by contacting them through the app unfortunately. What sort of phone do you have that is not compatible with the My Telstra app? Have you tried installing the app on your tablet?

If you have transferred (or ported) you tablet number/service to another provider, they will cancel the Telstra side of it. If you have a new number, then you will have to cancel the Telstra service.

Stevo 52

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit