pncn
Level 1: Cadet

Cancelling the Home Messages 101® service

Can some please help. My telstra home phone service has the tone that i have a 101 message service. When i dial 101 i received voice informing me that i have never used this service before and need to set it up. I do not want this service on my phone. have do i remove it

Help Please

Annoying

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Cancelling the Home Messages 101® service

Hop onto the link below

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-ho...

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
pncn

thanks jeff . but i have already gone to this link to know help. the problem is if i did have a 101 service on as it indicates. i can even turn this feature off as the voice message says that i have never used this service. i am currently on hold to telstra to see if their is an issue from their side thanks anyway .

cass

DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Speaking to support is your best bet, I have had to resolve a similar issue with my parents phone. They had a message tone but no message, usually this can be fixed by faults resetting the 101 service on the line.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Safyers

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Safyers, if you speak with our teams on 13 22 00 or via the online chat service at http://goo.gl/11oUE they can look into the account to assist further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BenAU

Telstra, update your instructions or the options to turn Home Messages 101® service off. The instuctions talk about using option 3 in the menu - on my home phone option 3 does not give any option to turn off the service.

DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey BenAU,

Sorry for the confusion and from what the steps say, you only need to press # after selecting option 3 and this should have the Telstra Home Messages 101 turned off from your home phone. Are you able to confirm if this does have this service cancelled from the account?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dianna1

Tried to cancel when message reaches 3 but only get message....no option try again.

Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dianna1

Apologies for the delay in responding. Have you managed to follow this up since your post?

bethb
Level 2: Rookie

I am having the same problem and have just spoke to the support people and they say it will take 24 hours to have it removed. Ring the 1800 number, very helpful people

Chris_G
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bethb,

Did you manage to have this removed? If not please let me know and I'll try to assist.

Thanks,

-Chris

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit