Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

cannot access message from home phone with NBN

I dial the 125101 to access my  home message bank service, I keep getting a message that the service is not in service at this time.  Please advise how I can access my messages, as my dial tone is clearly beeping with messages that I cannot access.   I even tried the *99# to turn message bank on.  Nothing seems to work.   My home services are now through nbn, I could access messages in the past through nbn service, but not for the last month or so.  Help !

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: cannot access message from home phone with NBN

Have you tried just dialling 101?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, yes tried the 101, then it asked me for a pin, I entered it and then it said wrong pin, good bye.  then I tried again, then it read out my whole phone number, then it said, this number is not in service at this time.  Thanks for suggesting though.

Highlighted

The pin would normally be the last 4 or 6 digits of your phone number.

Note that the messaging system on NBN is not the same messaging system as for the old landlines.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Really, we have been using the old pin, it worked initially.  I wonder what happen.  Do I need to reset the pin maybe.  It I have tried the 4 digits, then 6 digits and the whole phone number with area code.  cannot get it working.

Highlighted

It was worth a try. The only other solution, as far as I know, is to get Messagebank disabled on your service completely and then reinstated.

If you send a message via the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) then somebody will get back to you within a few hours/couple of days and they should be able to do this for you.

If you don't have a mobile that has the My Telstra app on it, then you can also send a message to the Telstra Twitter account and someone will contact you (don't put your details in that message, they will ask you to send them a Direct Message to get them).

Highlighted

Worth a try, will done and thanks for looking at options for me.  Appreciate it.

Highlighted

by the way, have been trying to do this on My Telstra App, its been crashing on the phone as well as on my desktop this morning.  may try social media, ie via face book.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit