12345Bob
Level 2: Rookie

Compensation for NBN outages

As promised some time back, compensation would be offered for several NBN outages. I am holding my breath for the long awaited announcement of this.

Can you please advise what stage Telstra is up to with this announcement? It was indicated that free time would be offered which is absolutely of no benefit to me, especially after what happened last time this was offered - it choked up the system.

Looking forward to a response.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Compensation for NBN outages

Hi 12345bob

Sorry I am not sure what you were referring to. Where did you see this? Did you have link or other information that you can provide on when we offered this to you?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

12345Bob

I have copies of chat coverstions that indicate just that. It has been resolved though after I received a call from one of your reps last night who has offered compensation.

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, this was likely a specific offer for you. So recommend speaking with our NBN team on 1800 834 273 and they can assist you further.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

12345Bob

Yes it was a specific offer to me, but I do have the chat references where I was told an announcment would be made to compensate everyone affected by the outage(s) and would most likley to be free download.

Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi 12345Bob, 

If the credit for this wasn't applied on your next bill, please contact our support so we can have the bill credited if offered. We will normally only offer usage in some cases and this is normally while the service is still down. Once restored we can discuss a credit for the plan fee though. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit