DJC10
Level 1: Cadet

Connect to NBN

Just returned to Telstra, Have a "Smart Modem Generation 2" also have a Panasonic Landline KX-TGD323AL which worked on NBN through a Foxtel Broadband Modem For last six months. Since connecting Telstra Modem phone landline wont work. Told I have to Pair Phone to Modem there is no where on panasonic instructions about Pairing.... Did not do this on Foxtel Modem just plugged it in.

Can anyone shed light on this...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: Connect to NBN

Have you got the phone plugged into the phone port on the modem?.

Does your internet data work?.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You should be able to plug the phone into phone port of modem. You don't have to pair phone.

Is the phone light on the back of the modem green? If phone light not green then there is fault with the connection.  The phone light should be green even with no phone paired or connected to the modem.

Is the front light on the modem green. If blue then the modem is on 4G backup and this is the reason phone is not working. For the phone to work on 4G backup the modem must first have been connected to NBN. If  the modem is on 4G this could be due to Telstra not having finished provisioning your service or it might not have been configured correctly by Telstra or NBN. If you have a fixed wireless or FTTP service try one of the other UNI-D ports. NBN sometimes puts a new service on another UNI-D port if there was an existing service previously.

DJC10
Level 1: Cadet

I have the internet,I can call my landline with mobile phone it rings till it goes to Voice mail, but at the same time the phone is dead no static nothing but the Sounds of Silence...

@Dowser wrote:

Have you got the phone plugged into the phone port on the modem?.

Does your internet data work?.

Dowser

If possible, obtain/borrow a different phone and repeat the test.

- I am assuming that you performed the checks recommended by @cf4 

This should isolate the issue to either the modem or the network it is connected to.  If that’s the case then you could contact Telstra Support.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit