adz420
Level 1: Cadet

continuous issues with landline on velocity

We are in a velocity estate and over the past year, I've had multiple instances where the landline just doesn't work for months at a time (no dialtone, can't recieve or make calls). Its so frustrating to repeatedly have to lodge a fault and go through the troubleshooting process to only have it stop working in another month's time.  Hasn't worked for all of 2021 but I'm thinking of just cancelling the service but I'm on the 'bundle' so not sure if there is a better deal financially.

anyone else experience anything similar?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: continuous issues with landline on velocity

Do you have issues with the internet at the same time? or just the phone? Where does your phone plug in to?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
adz420
Level 1: Cadet

no internet seems to be fine, just the phone stops working. phone plugs directly into the wall socket to the phone line. I have called velocity tech support once again and fault logged for investigation with level 2. let's see

SteveW_52

I was under the impression that Telsra Velocity delivered all services over fibre..  as is explained here..

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/user-guides/what-is-telstra-velocity

So I am wondering how the phone line is delivered in your case..  is there a modem/phone port connected to building cabling? do you have other phone sockets that you can try the phone in?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit