Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

crackling line

My phone regularly goes so crackly that I can't hear calls. Telstra, after much calling and stress, then sends out a technician, who momentarily fixes the problem and usually tells me that the pit in the road is flooding and is in a complete state, but that he cannot fix it. How can I get Telstra to take this seriously and fix the problem properly? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: crackling line

Telstra no longer own and control the cables and pits in the street. They are now owned by NBN, who are now responsible.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

@crackleline wrote:

My phone regularly goes so crackly that I can't hear calls. Telstra, after much calling and stress, then sends out a technician, who momentarily fixes the problem and usually tells me that the pit in the road is flooding and is in a complete state, but that he cannot fix it. How can I get Telstra to take this seriously and fix the problem properly? 

@crackleline If you are not having any luck with general Telstra support sorting it out with the NBN Co, you could register a complaint for a Telstra case manager to look at it for you  https://tel.st/4amxg .

Sometimes they can achieve more things than general support. But it can take about 5 business days for one to be assigned to you.

If you don't have any luck then, I suggest contacting the https://www.tio.com.au/ . They can put a rocket up their NBN Co clacker.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

If you have no luck with complaints.... the CEOs Melbourne complaint office are much quicker than the TIO. This is only if Complaints fail you. You'll find this with a Google search ...

http://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

@crackleline Just to clarify.

I mentioned the second step is to get in touch with the TIO if you don't have any luck with the complaints manager. I always have faith in believing that those people will do everything they can to solve the issue :-)

But in the end it doesn't matter if you are the CEO of Telstra, all you can do is request the NBN Co to look into it, whereas the TIO has certain powers that Telstra does not.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit