Molly_67
Level 1: Cadet

Deceased estate

Answered

Hello, 

following my mum’s passing we are selling our (her) family home for over 50 years. We’ve had the same number for that time (before there was even the 9 in front of it. We’re devestated to disconnect the number and have been paying $60 per month just to keep it (by way of the smallest nbn internet package that is never used-!!!).

Ive seen that a service called number reservation has existed previously  but I can’t find out if it’s still available. Basically we don’t need a usable land number but we’d like for it to not go into circulation again. We also live interstate to mums house. 
Does anyone know if number reservation is still an option? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Deceased estate

Hi @Molly_67 

One possible thing you can do (look into it) is port the number over to a VoIP provider. You can have multiple numbers all over the country even though you don't live there.

Crazytel is becoming more popular (I've used Mynetfone for years).

More info https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/VOIP_Providers 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I can't find it either. The closest I could find was a number redirection (and that is only available for 18 months maximum - so I'd assume that if the hold number option still exists, then it would have a maximum period as well).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozmoz
Accepted Solution

Hi @Molly_67 

One possible thing you can do (look into it) is port the number over to a VoIP provider. You can have multiple numbers all over the country even though you don't live there.

Crazytel is becoming more popular (I've used Mynetfone for years).

More info https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/VOIP_Providers 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.

View solution in original post

Molly_67

Thank-you. I will definitely look into that. 

Molly_67

I was on the phone with customer service yesterday and was told of this as an option but they couldn’t find the way to make it happen. I think the VoIP solution is the way to go. 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit