GavHill
Level 3: Gumshoe

Disable VOIP Phone on Smart Modem

Answered

Hi, I have 2 Telstra Smart modems (Arcadyan LH1000) connected to the single port on the NBN NTD, but only want to use the VOIP phone in one of these modems. The second one tries to connect and drops out the phone connection on the first modem. Is there a way to disable the Phone connection in the second modem, I cannot easily find a disable option in the modem software?

Gavin Hill
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Disable VOIP Phone on Smart Modem

There are no settings to disable phone on second modem. I have found that if first modem is connected directly to NBN NTD and the second modem is connected to the first modem's LAN port that after the phone drops out on first modem it will reregister several minutes later on first modem.

The only way I know that will prevent second modem's phone registering is to factory reset. the second modem. This will wipe the phone configuration that automatically is configured when modem connects directly to the NBN NTD.

Another way of preventing phone operating in second modem is to set up the second modem as a WiFi access point with its LAN port connected to a LAN port of the TPG modem. This has the advantage that there is no double NAT. See section 34 of document attached to this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smart-Modem-Gen-2-Arcadyan-version-LH...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

There are no settings to disable phone on second modem. I have found that if first modem is connected directly to NBN NTD and the second modem is connected to the first modem's LAN port that after the phone drops out on first modem it will reregister several minutes later on first modem.

The only way I know that will prevent second modem's phone registering is to factory reset. the second modem. This will wipe the phone configuration that automatically is configured when modem connects directly to the NBN NTD.

Another way of preventing phone operating in second modem is to set up the second modem as a WiFi access point with its LAN port connected to a LAN port of the TPG modem. This has the advantage that there is no double NAT. See section 34 of document attached to this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smart-Modem-Gen-2-Arcadyan-version-LH...

View solution in original post

GavHill
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi cf4

I setup the second modem as an access point as described in your document.

Fixed the issue thanks a lot everything working good!

Gavin Hill

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit