Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

disconnection frustration

My mother in law moved out of her house in March this year and she still receives a monthly account for the service despite numerous phone calls, emails and online inquiries to disconnect the service.  It is so frustrating when I do finally get through to someone on the phone and they say it will be sorted and it never gets sorted.  I am an authority on this account and my only other option is to go to the telecommunications ombudsman and register a complaint.  Telstra are the most difficult organisation to deal with and now because of covid they are even more difficult.  It is very strange though the billing and accounts section still send out accounts.......funny that.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: disconnection frustration

Hi DL40,

Not good to hear of the troubles receiving a bill for a service that should have been disconnected. When you have been in touch with us has any reference numbers been provided regarding the disconnection.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit