bobbie_lan
Level 1: Cadet

Email from Telstra tells me to ring 132 203 if my home phone is affected

I have received an email saying my broadband is not available so I have been switched to Telstra mobile. It goes on to say "if your landline phone is affected and you need it urgently call us on 132 203." Question: How as I supposed to ring 132 203 when my home phone is affected? Will Telstra supply me with free mobile phone connection?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Email from Telstra tells me to ring 132 203 if my home phone is affected

You could call them and ask them.....

But seriously, if your home phone is not working, and your internet is not working, and you don't have a mobile phone, do you have a neighbour? Sometimes the old fashioned methods are the most obvious solution. Go next door, ask to borrow their phone to call Telstra. If they are a Telstra customer then the call is free.

Now, for the other obvious bit. You have managed to access the internet. If you go to https://fix.telstra.com then it will take you through the troubleshooting and then let you report the problem online. They really should have included that address in the email that they sent you.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
bobbie_lan
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the suggestion of using a neighbour's phone. Unfortunately, on past experience, most calls to Telstra have taken at least an hour and multiple "putting you through to the right section" to even get to someone who acknowledges there is an issue. Then there is the issue of trying to get someone to resolve the problem. While I get on very well with my neighbours, I would not impose on them and keep their phone in use for such a long time.
Other issue of using the website "trouble shooting" - yes that is an option if I have time to go through their process of "name, date of birth, phone number" and describe the issue again, and again, and again, and again as they switch from one person to another to another to another until the Telstra person finally insists on a phone number to ring me or they disconnect from "chat".
Sorry if this sounds like fantasy but unfortunately it has been reality for the past 6 months of dealing with Telstra both by phone and 24/7 "help?????".
Jupiter

The link I provided wasn't for 24x7 help (chat). The final step of the troubleshooting is the lodgement of a fault.

But if you have been having recurrent problems, have you lodged a formal complaint with regards to your lack of service?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit