bjblaney
Level 1: Cadet

false emails

Please pass on as Telstra do not have a direct email for the public that I can find…(which is hopeless for a business!)

Is this a hoax?… If so please follow up.

Brian Blaney

Sent: Wednesday, 20 January 2016 7:47 AM
To: bjblaney@tpg.com.au
Subject: Your telstra bill for account is refunded

Your account number: 2000133647550

This refund bill number: 0955163833

Dear Customer,

Proceeding on the server controls on payments made, we found the following error, This month dated 02/112015 yourmonthlybilling balance was paid in twice (302.42 * 2) an amount of 604.84 AUD. For this purpose, you are requested to visit theAccount Services space and Completing the claim to receive an immediate refund .

See you online soon,

Gerd Schenkel

Executive Director, Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Total

$302.42 

Due Date

09 December 2015 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: false emails

If you fill in the form at https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/surveys/Report_misuse_of_service and attach a copy of the email they will be able to track it/look into it.

Sadly as a well known brand, with the largest market share their name is used in scams all too often.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit