colin999
Level 1: Cadet

Fault - Charged for Forwarding to Mobile & No Compensation On Bill

My elderly mother's phone was out for over 1 week in July. When reported Telstra asked if we wanted the calls forwarded to a mobile. We said yes as we didn't know how long the service would be out and as she is old we didn't want her without a phone. At no time did the operator ask if the mobile was on the Telstra network (It is an Optus Mobile).

She has just got here bill and there is a charge for Call Forwarding for all the calls she recieved on the mobile while the phone was out of service, I assume this is because the mobile is on the Optus network. Is this normal practice ?

After the service was restored a Telstra rep rang to see if she was satified with the service & advised because of the length of the outage she would be credited on her next bill compensation for the lenght of time the service was out.

What is the best way to get these two issues resolved. Is it best to go into a Telstra store or ring

Thanks

Colin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit