Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

faulty Phone line

Answered

Hi all , I am trying to report our home phone as faulty  all our callers complain that they cannot understand we what are saying and we have called the landline from our mobile and confirm what our callers are saying . I'd like to report it to a real person as the online information doers not have this scenario, and also there was a technician working in a pit across the road yesterday  and this has now started to be an issue .

We are an NBN customer, with a cordless phone and have had no previous problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: faulty Phone line

Hi All , finally got onto someone .He tested the line and reset the modem and tested the line after doing some online checks we checked with him and now seems ok , but he said to keep an eye on it and report it if we get the same issues again.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi All , finally got onto someone .He tested the line and reset the modem and tested the line after doing some online checks we checked with him and now seems ok , but he said to keep an eye on it and report it if we get the same issues again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have a similar problem have reported it multiple times. I feel I am wasting my life on hold! The problem is worse during and after rain.

Highlighted

Hi Bob541 , you are describing the same conditions as we had , as I reported when I finally got  someone to test the line he did test it and he then said power down the modem wait a couple of minutes and then power up again, it did work  as in your case we did have rain, rather than waiting on line try it it might work and save your sanity at the same time ....hope this helps... you never know ..

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit