frustrated2842
Level 2: Rookie

filter splitter

After having problems (again and again) with my landline/internet the tech told me I needed a new double adaptor filter/splitter for my second phone line.  The current filter one is not working and it interferes with my internet.  The adaptor is Telstra Mat. No. 903/00344 model no. C10645M.  It had been previously given to me by another Telstra Tech when I had problems but it's reached the end of it's time.

There is absolutely NOWHERE I can find one.  Telstra shops and others like JB Hi Fi, Office works, Big W Ebay  etc etc don't have them.It is a particular type; a combined filter and telephone adaptor.  Where can I get one?  I need to use the second phone.  NBN wont be here for awhile if ever and I'm fed up with googling and shopping around.

Why don't Telstra shops stock these and is there any reason why Telstra can't supply me with one?  they certainly visit my place often enough with the problems my area has with telephone lines. Really fed up.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
cretsiah
Level 21: Augmented

Re: filter splitter

@frustrated2842 Do you have a pic of this model? Telstra Mat. No. 903/00344 model no. C10645M

I couldnt find that specific model but maybe you could find something similar to it on this page

if it is just a basic splitter you should be able to get from safeway (possibly coles but i donthave 1 of them here to check for you)

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

They shouldn't be hard to find. You don't need that specific model.

Big W, Woolworths (occasionally), Bunnings, Officeworks (online) , all have them

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jackson-inline-splitter-filter_p4363674

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
frustrated2842

Thanks for your reply but I have trudged Adelaide and checked online everywhere and can't find one. It's a double adaptor for the old style teleohone pkugs with a filter splitter attached. I can find the single filter splitter but that won't work as it needs the adaptor.
frustrated2842

Further to my reply below unless I'm completely blind I can't see how to attach the photos. I'm doing this from my phone and there's no attachment icon.
cretsiah

@frustrated2842 how to attach a pic

in the top  of your writing box you see B I U S( kind of thing) can you see the smiley face? if so inserting pic is 2 across (to the right) from the smiley face.

hope that helps..... may not be available on phone havent tried talking on these forums through the phone.

Jupiter

I am assuming that you need one of these adapters as well then (also available at Bunnings).

https://www.bunnings.com.au/jackson-modular-telephone-adaptor-plug_p4360634

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
frustrated2842

Filter splitter 3.jpgfilter splitter 2.jpg

frustrated2842

Thanksto the both of you for your assistance.  I've posted two photos but I think in the end I will have to get a single filter splitter and attach to my double adaptor and again to phone etc.  It's all getting too hard.  I'll wait and see what you think.  Still haven't made it to Bunnings (not convenient to my home) but have trid JB Hi Fi, MSY and many others.

Jupiter

I can honsetly say that I have never seen an adapter of that configuration.

With last house I rented that had an old style socket like that, when the Tech came to install the phoneline, he changed out the socket for a modern one.

cretsiah

@frustrated2842 Im with @Jupiter  on this one  havent seen that type before....

goodluck with that sorry Im of no help

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit