Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

fix.telstra.com/fault tracker - how do you access this service

Hi,

After reporting a problem to Telstra I received a text message saying I could track the progress of the problem via https://fix.telstra.com/faulttracker/INC00000000 where 00000000 is an 8-digit number ending in 8.

I went to that website and it opened a Fault Tracker UI Test Page with input fields for Fault ID, Service Path, start button, and a series of 20-30 service type options.  

I entered the fault number with and without the leading alpha characters.

In the Service Path field I entered ‘’Service Type Voice’ as per text message, ‘Voice Call Issue’ also from text, ‘NBN Telstra’ which seems to be the logical voice call path. I selected various service type options from the list below, e.g. Service Type Voice, NBN options and home phone options and pressed ‘start’ and nothing happened.

One suggestion on Crowd Support was to select ‘Help and Support’ from the Telstra 24/7 App - which I have done successfully in the past, however that App has been replaced by MyTelstra which does not appear to have this option. I searched the new App and the Telstra website for ‘Fault Tracker’ and found nothing.

Can the Telstra Fault Tracker be accessed and if so how?

Or is this text message just a bit of outdated useless information?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

Re: fix.telstra.com/fault tracker - how do you access this service

Seems the only way a Telstra customer can get answers to their questions these days is to waste hours of their own time in do-it-yourself customer self service, which is what I did to find the answer to my own question above.

I used an Apple iPad Pro 10.5 “ running on iOS 13.4.1 and Safari to search on Google for the web address above. End result - a function that did not work.

As an after-thought I decided to search Google via the Safe Surfing function of my Trend Micro Mobile Security App. - success at last - up popped a fault tracker site with my fault ID and a lengthy generic message (because each line was only 2-3 words wide) that told me that the job was in progress and I would receive an SMS when there was some further outcome.

However, what was of interest was that this URL was not the same URL as the one provided in the Telstra text message.

This one was described as ‘Smart troubleshooting - Fix service issues online | Telstra

https://fix.telstra.com/smart-troubleshooting/u/fault/INC00000000

Hope this might save someone else with the same problem from wasting as much of their time as I wasted of mine.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

@Landline_1a wrote:

Hi,

After reporting a problem to Telstra I received a text message saying I could track the progress of the problem via https://fix.telstra.com/faulttracker/INC00000000 where 00000000 is an 8-digit number ending in 8.

I went to that website and it opened a Fault Tracker UI Test Page with input fields for Fault ID, Service Path, start button, and a series of 20-30 service type options.  

In the Service Path field I entered ‘’Service Type Voice’ as per text message, ‘Voice Call Issue’ also from text, ‘NBN Telstra’ which seems to be the logical voice call path. I selected various service type options from the list below, e.g. Service Type Voice, NBN options and home phone options and pressed ‘start’ and nothing happened.

One suggestion on Crowd Support was to select ‘Help and Support’ from the Telstra 24/7 App - which I have done successfully in the past, however that App has been replaced by MyTelstra which does not appear to have this option. I searched the new App and the Telstra website for ‘Fault Tracker’ and found nothing.

@Landline_1a wrote:

Hi,

My fault number is 172 855 233  How do I track it.

Highlighted

I don't know what you are talking about! I cannot make phone calls out on my landline which is on NBN. I have paid my phone bill but I was overdue as Telstra stopped sending paper copies and I never received any email bill. My account says I am paid now I've tried notifying Telstra of this but you get so far through the process and when you press the continue button nothing has happened. I don't know if it has bee disconnected or not but on Tuesday just gone when I rang on my mobile phone the faults line 132200 they tested my line for hours on end and said they would get called back to me and

@Landline_1a wrote:

Hi,

as yet no one has called me and I still cannot phone out. FIX MY PHONE!!!

Highlighted

FIX MY PHONE!!!

Highlighted

Hi Lorraine28,

I don't work for Telstra and I don't fix phones.

I am just another Telstra/NBN customer who has had some problems with their equipment and the service and spent a lot of my own time trying to pinpoint the source of the problems, documenting the problems, gathering information from online sources and Crowd Support members and trying to fix the problems myself and when that failed trying to find someone to contact who could fix the problems.

I don't know what sort of NBN connection or Modem you are using, whether you are getting a dial tone, an engaged signal or no signal when you try to call out or whether your problem even relates to your equipment and I am not qualified to give technical advice.

But in an attempt to be helpful I can tell you of my experience with an NBN HCF connection box and a Telstra Gateway Modem. You may or may not find this relevant or useful.

I could receive incoming calls but after I made one outgoing call I could not make another because the first call was not being fully disconnected - thus an engaged signal next time I tied to ring out.  The only way I could make another outgoing call was to turn the Modem and NBN off at the wall, wait some minutes and then turn it back on again, NBN first - wait till all lights stabilised, then Modem - wait until all lights stabilised.

The phone number I rang for service was 132203.

After answering some computer generated questions (which I think required answers such as 'Home Phone', 'NBN' etc) I was switched through to a local (in Australia) NBN service person who was quite helpful.

The problem was identified as a faulty connection in the modem and NBN agreed to supply a new Telstra Smart Modem. This was when the Job number I mentioned was sent in a text message to my mobile phone. New Modem arrived. Problem solved.

The Modem guide gives 133 933 as the number to call for more assistance if initial trouble shooting does not solve equipment problems.

The number 1800 834 273 also appears elsewhere as a contact number for Telstra NBN Support.

Don't know if any of this information is relevant to your situation but perhaps you might find something useful in it.

Cheers.

Highlighted

Hi

I having being trying to ring Telstra for 1 week regarding my Account which needs to be sorted out before due date as I have a problem with it and need to speak to a consultant from Telstra with this issue.  It is very frustrating when you ring every day and no one answers.  I am not computer minded and it is hard for me to contact Telstra.  I need a phone call to explain what has happened.  This had being going one for 8 months.  Please someone return my call as soon as possible,

Highlighted

@mmarsilio wrote:

Hi

I having being trying to ring Telstra for 1 week regarding my Account which needs to be sorted out before due date as I have a problem with it and need to speak to a consultant from Telstra with this issue.  It is very frustrating when you ring every day and no one answers.  I am not computer minded and it is hard for me to contact Telstra.  I need a phone call to explain what has happened.  This had being going one for 8 months.  Please someone return my call as soon as possible,

Highlighted

Hi mmarsilio

Since you have entered a Crowd Support question under ‘landline’ I am assuming you have a landline phone and access to the internet but I don’t know if you have a residential or business phone or any other electronic devices or what Telstra number you have been calling.

Based on Telstra website info and my own experience, it seems calls to the general enquiry number 13200 may not be answered due to call numbers and staff reductions.

I found some Bill payment info on the Telstra website that you may find helpful.

Get help to pay your bill

1. They provide 132200 as a contact number.

(I have rung this number before and after answering some machine generated questions got through to a person at NBN support which is what I wanted to do at the time.

As this number is listed under Bill payment, ‘ billing” may be one of its menu options.)

How do I get more time to pay?

1. Fill out the payment extension request form online.

(This may not solve your billing problem but it may give you more time to sort it out before paying the bill if ability to pay is an issue.)

•  

To apply for a payment extension, you'll first need to check your eligibility:

• You have less than $2000 to pay
  • You have no existing or overdue payment arrangements
  • You haven’t broken a payment arrangement in the last 6 months

Telstra will check the details of your request and if you meet the eligibility criteria they will send you an email confirming your bill extension and your new due date .

If you are not eligible for an extension ring 132200.

If still no resolution to problem

Lodge a complaint in the My Telstra app or online

If you’re unable to use the My Telstra app, you can lodge your complaint in one of the following ways: 

• Use our online form to lodge your complaint. We'll acknowledge your complaint within one business day, but it may take a few days to reach a case manager
  • Post your complaint letter to:
  •       Telstra Complaints
  •         Locked Bag 20026
  •         Melbourne VIC 3001 
  • Fax your complaint to 1800 753 949
  • Contact us on 13 22 00

(This form can be accessed via My Telstra app or

online via www.telstra.com.au>contact-us>feedback & complaints or

Just do a Google search for Make a Complaint - Telstra.)

Note: I don’t work for Telstra so I can’t guarantee the currency, accuracy or likelihood of success of any of the above options that I found on their website and pieced together in an attempt to help you. Comments within ( ) are my own comments.

Hope you find something useful in the above.

Cheers

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit