Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Guardian 301 announces a call for number in Contacts - should come straight through

I have a large list of contacts and Guardian allows calls to come straight through (as it should).

One number, which is in contacts, gets announced even though the name of the caller shows on the display.     I have tried "Allowing" calls to this number but the the handet says calls from this person are already allowed.

What is the problem and how do I fix it? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 12: Master Detective

Re: Guardian 301 announces a call for number in Contacts - should come straight through

Perhaps too many contacts? 

--------------------
Ms_Megahurtz
Nerdy Roller Derby Girl

** SPECIAL NOTE **
The opinions posted here are those of my own mind, and not those of my employer.
Highlighted

Re: Guardian 301 announces a call for number in Contacts - should come straight through

There is a limit of 1,000 contacts.    I dont have that many.      Also the issue happens with one particular contact.      What is odd is the Guardian recognises its in the contact list by displaying the callers name, then announces the call.    If it's in contacts it is supposed to come straight through.   All the others in contacts do.   It's odd but I can't put my finger on the problem.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @bentleg

When you say the call gets announced what do you mean?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

It is the normal process in Telstra Call Guardian 301 for calls received from numbers not in contacts, overseas, or private numbers.      The caller is required to state their name which is then relayed to the handset and you then decide whether or not to take the call.

The user manual for Telstra Call Guardian 301 gives details.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/home-phone/Telstra-Call-Guardian-30...

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried deleting the contact and re-adding?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I'll try that.      Won't know if it works until they call me again.     I'll post the result when I know.

Highlighted

Another  number in contacts is doing the same thing.       Yet other numbersin contacts come straight through (as they shoud).      I had the system set up in "Custom" mode with "Allow" for all calls in contacts.      

I have gone back to "Default" mode to see if that will fix the issue.   

Highlighted

Just had another call from the orignal number mentioned.     Notwithstanding making changes mentioned in later posts, the issue remains.

I think it might simply be an aberration with Telstra Call Guardian 301.       Any further suggestions?

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit