ADSL1234
Level 2: Rookie

Home fixed line phone cannot receive calls from Optus and Vodafone networks

I am in a no man land now. My Telstra home phone cannot receive calls from Optus (both fixed line and mobile) and Vodafone networks. Telstra fault department said it is not Telstra issue. Optus said nothing wrong with their network. However I can ONLY receive calls within telstra network. What can I do? Shall I advise everyone I know they must call me from Telstra phones?

Please advise what should I do considering the fault department at Telstra and optus refused to help me out? I cannot even call home on my Optus mobile.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Home fixed line phone cannot receive calls from Optus and Vodafone networks

Hi ADSL1234,

That is certainly really odd!

I have sent you a private message so that we can help look into this one for you. 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Communic8
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same problem.   Just switched from Optus to Telstra on the landline and cannot receive any calls from Optus landlines (not sure about Optus mobile).   Anyone that calls gets a message that number is disconnected.   Can anyone help?

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Communic8, I'll be in touch shortly via private message to help follow up on this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

AndrewKal

I am also having the same problem this evening. We swapped from Optus to Telstra and took out the telstra everyday bundle. The existing phone number was connected today. Since this afternoon we can receive calls from landlines. But our mobiles are with Amaysim and if we call our home phone the call does not register, it's like we never called.

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi AndrewKal, 

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy 

Faults team will need to investigate this for you, and if a solution is not found while they are speaking to you, they can escalate to level 2. 

You can call in any time on 132203.

Ivan

banana38

My Telstra home phone cannot receive calls from Optus or Vodafone networks. Telstra fault department have said it is not Telstra issue. Optus and vodaphone have advised there is nothing wrong with their networks.

My mobile is with Optus so i cannot call home, neither can my husband.  We would discconect the line, if we didn't need it for Foxtel and Internet. 

It seems there are others having the same issue. Can someone please help.

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi banana38,

What you’ve described can be a Network issue, but only when a customer with a different carrier brings their phone number over from one Telephone provider to another. Have you recently moved from a different carrier to Telstra? If not, you may want to bring the issue up with whomever is your current carrier, which you can determine by looking at your most recent home phone bill.

- Shelly

area6

I switch to Telstra from Optus three weeks ago for my business communications

even since switching to Telstra, I like all of these complainants can only receive call and SMS from Telstra clients.

i have spent 10 hours on Telstra Live Chat over this three week period and still Telstra can not fix the issue.

i have lodged an official compliant with the TIO a week ago. Three different people have rung me to tell me that someone from the tech team would be in contact within 24 hours. No one has called me from Telstras tech team since bringing this issue to Telstra 3 weeks ago.

worset of all is that when anyone from any other service provider calls my business they are greater by, "we are sorry to advise that the number you have called has been disconnected". So my old and new customers think that I have closed my company!!! I have Informed Telstra over ten times and still Telstra won't fix the problem!

my business is down 75% and my company is not far from putting staff off and going broke!

i have built this business over 27 years and Telstra has only taken three weeks to just about distort it.

Telstra has just about sent me broke, no Christmas for my family and my employees family this year - thank you Telstra.

Still waiting for someone from Telstra to inform me what is going on!

this is appalling customer service and disgusting behaviour. 

Telstra obviously just don't care!

Nick_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Area6,

Sorry to hear about your business line troubles. Can you send me a private message with any reference numbers we have provided you and I'll see if we can get some traction on this.

Nick

area6

I have sent you three Telstra ref number and the TIO number - interested to see what you will do!

Regards

area6

Nick_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Area6,

I've just checked that fault report and can see that we have referred it to Optus for investigation (To have the number released from their system). This shouldn't take much longer. 

Nick

area6

Nick

I just hecked with Optus again and they once again state it has nothing to do with them but the problem is and has always been Telstra!

Nick_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Area6,

From what I understand, this is something that is being dealt with internally by Telstra. Since this has been reported to the TIO, I can see we have a  complaints case manager assigned to manage this. I've requested they give you a call to discuss.

Nick

hayley4

hi 

i have the same issue. i have had my fixed line ported accross from optus to telstra. suddenly anyone calling us outside the telstra network does not get connected. can anyone help. 

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi hayley4

You'd just need to have a chat with our Faults team on 13 22 03 and they'll be able to resolve the issue for you. 

Our Faults team are available 24x7 to give you a hand. 

aanne

I have the same problem,have you had this problem fixed? or did you port  back to Optus This problem has been around for a few years now so I am suprised it cant be fixed in a few days.

doquach

i have got similar problem, after switch from optus network (exeltel) land line to telstra for internet and phone bundle; and a separate fax line.

first i have to wait for around 4 weeks for the technitian to come out then another 2 weeks for my adsl services,

the technitian come out because i lodge a fault that the fax line not working, my adsl was suppose to be installed up and running, by due date but it not working, to short the story, i have to paid for technitian to come out ... and now phone still not working it should be.. can call out but cant receive call from other carrier ( vodafone -tested, optus not try, land line from dodo-tested)

telstra call to telstra is ok.

help.,

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi doquach, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

The best suggestion I can make would be to get in touch with our Faults team on 13 22 03 for normal copper services, or 1800 834 273 "Faults" for NBN services.

Stewartc2708

I am also having the same issues with my phone after porting across from Optus 17 days ago, the technician advised it should be working properly within 48 hours - but I am still not able to receive calls from Optus numbers on my landline.

I have called the NBN assurance team and they cannot fix, I then escalated it to the complaints manager.

They keep saying it shoul dbe fixed now - but it is still not receiving optus calls.

This is very frustrating as I am not receiving the service I pay for.

What can be done

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Stewartc2708, 

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you for the poor service you have received and also the time it has take for you to get this resolved. I understand from personal experience how very frustrating this can be and for that I am very sorry.

Do you have your Complaint Reference number? I would be happy to follow up with your case manager. What reference numbers can I obtain from Telstra?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Clannad

I am posting on this thread as it was the only one I have found that describes my issues. (There may be a later thread). Since having my fixed home line "ported" back to Telstra, after a very short interlude with Optus, I am unable to receive calls from other service providers outside of Telstra subscribers. I notice in the thread that I am adopting that all responses from support people seem to be in the form of "private messages". This is no help to me!

I am still in the process of speaking with Telstra personnel regarding this issue but seem to be getting nowhere. I am expecting another call this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. as a follow-up from the last tech I spoke with. I am very annoyed that all techs I have spoken to go through the same "troubleshooting" process each time with no regard to the notes that should be on my fault report. What does it take to get this fixed!!! I'm now reminded of the reason why I tried to change communication service providers. Please, please help.

AlistairQWA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Clannad,

This sounds like a porting issue that the technical support team would need to deal with. For copper services it would be 133933 and for NBN services 1800834273. 

- AlistairQWA

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit