Andrew_C1
Level 1: Cadet

Home line- getting the copper connected?

Answered

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help me, I have spent hours on hold to lots of "Helpful" Telstra consultants who have still not helped me.

I have a shed on a property I want to get a land line phone connected to, we run a business out of the shed and there is marginal mobile service so for safety reasons and internet, we want a land line.

There is a Telstra pit across the road that my two neighbours properties are connected to.. My electrician ran a suitable cable from the shed to the property boundary nearest the pit. I want to get the wires connected from the pit to the line we had put in.

Apparently this in not on the list of things "home line connections" does in the Phillipines. They cannot fathom that I want the copper wires twisted together before I get a broadband plan, or a telephone number.

Is there somebody in Australia that can help me get the wires joined up? I'm old enough to remember being able to talk to somebody who could do such thing, now it seems impossible. 

Does somebody have a phone number for somebody in Australia that organises copper phone lines to be connected up, my frustrations are growing by the hour after hour of being on hold or Telstra ringing me, then putting me on hold waiting for them to pick up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Home line- getting the copper connected?

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, the only call centre in Australia left, and it's the very best,  is if you ring 132200  ONLY  in Business Hours and say "Disconnections" it goes to Adelaide.

They are extremely good, and extremely can-do, but only relevent if you want to disconnect!  They may be able to advise you what your options are.

Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Accepted Solution

Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, the only call centre in Australia left, and it's the very best,  is if you ring 132200  ONLY  in Business Hours and say "Disconnections" it goes to Adelaide.

They are extremely good, and extremely can-do, but only relevent if you want to disconnect!  They may be able to advise you what your options are.

Best wishes

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.

View solution in original post

Andrew_C1
Level 1: Cadet

Your advise was most helpful, this appears to be the only way to get anything done and I will use it for all future contact with Telstra, until they find out they have somebody efficient and useful and shift it offshore as well.
ProfessorPhone

Hello

It really is meant for customer retention, NOT for customer service.

Using it once for something critical is fair enough, but please do not use it for all contact as you say.

I hope you appreciate the situation.

Best wishes

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit