Detinman
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone diversions

I have been trying online to use the simultaneous ringing function for my home phone to no avail, the website just continually says unsuccessful and Telstra's Tech Team are woeful they won't even acknowledge these functions are available.

I want my home phone to ring on my mobile as well as at home so we don't miss calls from our daughters palliative care team, alternately have the home phone ring for 20 secs and then divert to my mobile. Either would be fine but the website won't create the rules (unsuccessful), the app just goes round in circles, the messaging team are not aware of the available functions and often go 1/2 hour between responses and you can't call anyone.

I am starting to feel like another carrier is my only way to fix this??? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Home phone diversions

Is Call Waiting switched off? If it is on, it can interfere with Call Forwarding.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Detinman

Call waiting is off thanks

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Are you trying to do the simultaneous ring, phone and mobile from the now discontinued Telstra T-Voice App that at one stage worked with the T-Voice 502 cordless phone with supported modems or are you trying to accomplish the same outcome with another brand of cordless phone that supports that feature.

I think Call Diversion on Unanswered Incoming calls is possible on the Telstra My Account 24x7 web site - have you tried logging into your account from a PC with a web browser and setting it up from the Call Forwarding sub section of the Home Phone, Manage section? Maybe the My Telstra App has some current teething issues. 

Detinman

Hey mate I was trying to make changes in my account on the web page

https://selfcare.connect.telstra.com/sequential-and-simultaneous-ring

https://selfcare.connect.telstra.com/call-forward

Neither of these options work online

Mkrtich

Thanks - For the simultaneous ringing of home phone and mobile, the controls are at the bottom of the very long two columns of text in the My Telstra App. When you '"Add destination number'' and "Create a new rule" it is also possible to re-arrange orders of multiple conditions, does it not accept your confirmation or it does accept your input, but the feature does not work when you test it with an incoming call to your home number.

Detinman

Yeah I put in a phone number and tried to allocate it using the UI but it just says unsuccessful

Mkrtich

I see. Are both avenues for setting this up, the My Telstra App and the Telstra My Account 24X7 web page from a PC browser giving you the same unsuccessful outcomes? Maybe try again later in the day to see if it works.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit