Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Home Phone for pensioner free calls On TV ADS What action is Required?

Answered

What action is needed to obtain free calls from a Pensioner home phone as advertised on TV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Home Phone for pensioner free calls On TV ADS What action is Required?

Hello Roger-Brom,

No action on your part, as long as you've previously provided your Centrelink CRN to Telstra and you've given us consent to validate it with the Department of Human Services. You'll have unlimited calls to standard Australian numbers and 1300 numbers until the 30th of June. If you're unsure if Telstra have your correct details in regards to your pension, bring your Pension card AGE/Disability/DVA etc. into a Telstra store and ask the consultant to validate it for you. They're checked periodically to ensure you're still eligible for the pension concession.

Hope this helps.

Cheers @Smiley3 

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Roger-Brom,

I'm only guessing that if Telstra already has on their records that you are a pensioner on your home phone Account you will automatically be able start calling the eligible numbers and not get charged on your bill for them.

You'll see this wording in the below link:

"Eligible pensioners with a Telstra home phone plan will also be able to make unlimited local, national and 13/1300 calls, and calls to Australian mobiles, from their home phone in Australia to make staying in touch with friends and family simpler. This is available from Thursday until the 30 June 2020"

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/supporting-our-customers-during-covid-19/

I'll flag @jhwiz who is also in the Brains Trust group (and a Telstra employee). They might be able to confirm what I'm only guessing.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hello Roger-Brom,

No action on your part, as long as you've previously provided your Centrelink CRN to Telstra and you've given us consent to validate it with the Department of Human Services. You'll have unlimited calls to standard Australian numbers and 1300 numbers until the 30th of June. If you're unsure if Telstra have your correct details in regards to your pension, bring your Pension card AGE/Disability/DVA etc. into a Telstra store and ask the consultant to validate it for you. They're checked periodically to ensure you're still eligible for the pension concession.

Hope this helps.

Cheers @Smiley3 

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit