Jackster1
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone has no caller ID

When I make calls from my home phone, the receiver doesn't have our phone number displayed. It shows 'no caller ID' or 'unknown' or 'private'. Silent line was connected by mistake when we moved house and changed to NBN, but I've had it removed so our number is now listed. Any ideas on why our number doesn't come up? Telstra tell me it's a problem with the receivers handset, but that would mean a lot of handsets have issues!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
MojoJojo
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Home phone has no caller ID

I would think that when they remove the Silent line it hasnt updated your CLI status.

Silent Line has CLI Blocking (stops your number going out) however you should No CLI blocking with override.

Give them a call and have them checkint the CLI status.

Note: It can be the recivers handseta, however generally this would only be Homelines with no Calling Number Display and mobiles should be unaffected.
Ernest999
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Home phone has no caller ID

Hi Jackster1

chat with us via our secure Live Chat http://tel.st/hsc3 so we can check the settings on your home line service to make sure number calling is enabled.
-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit