Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Home phone Messagebank

Answered

Can someone pls help my home phone message bank seems to have gone haywire i know i have messages but when i press 1 to access them it just says goodbye and cuts me off how can i reset message bank have tried calling Telstra i get put on hold then they cut me off its so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Peter Elliott
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone Messagebank

I am not sure this will help but you could try it..

On a PC browser, open your Telstra Account at https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

by signing in, then find your phone number in the list of services and click on "Manage plan and allowances"...  look for Add Ons and click on "Manage"  next, click on "Call Forwarding"  turn the 'Forwarding to Messagebank' option OFF then logout of your account. Wait for a while - I'd suggest 1 to 2 hours , then repeat the exercise, but this time turn the Forwarding On and logout again (check the 'Forward unanswered call time' while you are at it..  log out and then test it all and see if it works, it may take a while to be actioned.

Note that you may lose any messages in the process and might also have to redo your greeting..  basically setting the Call Forwarding up again..

Good luck..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I am not sure this will help but you could try it..

On a PC browser, open your Telstra Account at https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

by signing in, then find your phone number in the list of services and click on "Manage plan and allowances"...  look for Add Ons and click on "Manage"  next, click on "Call Forwarding"  turn the 'Forwarding to Messagebank' option OFF then logout of your account. Wait for a while - I'd suggest 1 to 2 hours , then repeat the exercise, but this time turn the Forwarding On and logout again (check the 'Forward unanswered call time' while you are at it..  log out and then test it all and see if it works, it may take a while to be actioned.

Note that you may lose any messages in the process and might also have to redo your greeting..  basically setting the Call Forwarding up again..

Good luck..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much not at home now but will give it a go tomorrow an let you know how I go and again thank you for taking the time to reply to me 🤞🤞

Peter Elliott
Highlighted

Hope it works..  glad to help..  

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Hi SteveW thks buddy but still not working when i go into message bank it says u have 4 new messages when i try to retrieve it say for message notification to mobile press 3 then it comes back and says Goodbye its driving me crazy Im off to Sydney tomorrow i will try and get in touch with Telstra when i get back many thanks again for helping 

Peter Elliott
Highlighted

That's no good..  I will check mine, I'll have to call it myself because there are no messages there at present.. no problems with mine..

Maybe they are dummy calls, hangups? maybe try calling yourself and leave a message, then see if you can pick it up? It should go to the front of the queue..

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Hi Steve rang my home phone left a message and yes it does say i now have 5 new messages when i try to retrieve i still have the same problem looks like a very long wait and try and talk to Telstra but again many thanks your help to try to resolve this very annoying problem Pete  

Peter Elliott
Highlighted

Just today, I received three short calls on the home phone, went to voicemail and supposedly messages left but I wasn't able to retrieve them - haven't had a chance to investigate it yet, but it sounds similar to your experience. It's odd and has never happened before - the numbers in the modem log weren't Oz number though but could have been those odd Apple video check calls - all started with 125...

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Steve Maybe its a fault with Telstra Message Bank I will be very interested if you you resolve it, i have twice rang Telstra and both times after waiting approx. 20 mins each time they cut me off not a happy bunny :-((((((((((    

Peter Elliott

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit