Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Home Phone Not Receiving Calls

Last week I connected to the NBN and everything worked fine. Today I am unable to receive calls on my home phone. Is this likely to be an NBN fault or a Telstra fault? I plan on changing the phone to see if this makes a difference, but have to wait until its battery charges.  

Thanks for any help.

Catsmum

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Home Phone Not Receiving Calls

If the new phone doesn't work it is likely to be a Telstra fault and definitely not a NBN fault unless you have an FTTP connection and are using the unv port on the NBN box instead of the Telstra modem for voice. Telstra probably still has your incoming calls routed to the old connection in the exchange.

Highlighted

The NBN was connected last week and the phone was ok until today, when my incoming calls went to message bank, which I had cancelled anyway.    I am on HFC.   Think I'll call Telstra in the morning if the changed phone doesn't work.    

Thanks for your response.

Catsmum
Highlighted

Well, it seems that Message bank was the problem.   When I set it up, the phone started working as normal.   Don't know why, but anyway, it's working ok now on incoming and outgoing calls.

Catsmum

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit