Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Home Phone Number Changed

Has anyone had their home phone number changed once they joined the NBN? I have a new home phone number which I didn't know about until I rang my mobile and saw the displayed number. I can not get any sense out of the foreign call centres.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Home Phone Number Changed

When switching to NBN your number should not change  .

It you are changing providers when you switch to NBN and don't arrange for the number to be ported to new provider it could change. New provider must port number from previous provider before the old service is cancelled.

Highlighted

I didn't swap providers, I stayed with Telstra. Had the helpdesk on line for 45 minutes trying to work out what has happened. When I ring my home phone number it goes straight to my 101 anwsering service. Ring the new number & my home phone rings. No one can current ring me on my home phone. One good thing I'm not being charged for my data usage as thd ne number is not on my account.
Highlighted

Still no change even after I raised a complaint on line. Its all too hard. Losing total confidence in Telstra a the present moment

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Corny, 

Sorry to hear that you have had these ongoing issues with getting support for your complaint. Do you have you complaint reference number available so that I can follow up with your case manager? It should begin with "SR". If you are unsure you can see the types of reference number we can assist you with

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit