Kyooma1
Level 2: Rookie

Home phone out of order and no mo ile service

My friend lives close to Newcastle in a small village, as the crow flies it would be 35 klms to Newcastle CBD.  For a month now she has had no phone and no indication of when it will be rectified.  Mobiles don't work at her house but they do up the road.  She has tried and tried to contact Telstra, no avail!  She is in a black spot according to all and has to have satellite tv.  Pays her bills on the time and this goes on so many times a year.  This is not just her phone, others in the village have the same problem.  She is an elderly lady and needs to have contact with family, doctors etc. What can she possibly do to get some sort of help from Telstra.   Today she stood in the pouring rain up the road to ask me could I try to contact Telstra for her. Never had she been offered compensation/reduction for her bill.   2021 and treated so shabbily by such a company.  Not good enough Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Home phone out of order and no mo ile service

Difficult one since you're not the account holder. You could try calling 132203 and see if you can report it that way. The online consultants probably can't help as they can technically only deal with the account holder (or authorised contact).

Normally I would tell her to go to https://fix.telstra.com on her mobile (doesn't need to be at home to run the tests) and it will get her through to a consultant at the end of the process.

Given that the communication options are rather limited, @ashliem @TommyR @DanK , is there some other way to get help out to this person quickly?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kyooma1
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Home phone out of order and no mo ile service

Thank you for your answer, I have been able to contact them finally and hopefully a technician is on his way between now and tomorrow.  Helpful Telstra member, so some light at the end of the tunnel, problem is this will all happen again in a few weeks, particularly if it rains

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit