Level 1: Cadet

home phone

I have purchased a home phone to use with my fixed wireless nbn. plugged it in to the phone socket at the back of the modem but wont work. the phone says "check TEL line" 

The phone is a Uniden DECT 1015 and is meant to be compatible. When i first plugged it in i was able to dial my mobile and it rang, i ended the call and since then it wont work.

Ive tried resetting the modem, turning phone off and on, unplugging phone line and replugging.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: home phone

If you have Factory reset the modem and the phone/voice light on your modem ins't green you'll need to call Telstras NBN Faults team on 1800 834 273

In saying that Check Tel Line normally indicates that the phone ins't plugged in or something is wrong with the phone cable. I'd try a new phone cable if possible since you've advised that you have already checked the current cable. 

I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
Level 1: Cadet

no luck, tried another new cable, did another reset on the modem (phone light is green).

Phone port on the modem could be dead if its still saying check tell line. Do you have another phone you can test to see if you get a dial tone?
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit