KM18
Level 2: Rookie

home phone

We recently had a lightening storm and our Telstra modem blew out and Telstra replaced it.

However, hour landline is now not working either. It keeps coming up "searching" on the screen and nothing else happens.

Do I need to replace the phone as well?

Thankyou

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: home phone

Does the phone have it's own base station that is plugged into the modem, or is it a DECT handset that is connected wirelessly to the modem. If it is a DECT handset, you may just need to re pair it to the modem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KM18

Thankyou for your reply. It plugs into the wall and and the modem and phone point are in a different room.

How do I re-pair the phone to the modem please?

Jupiter

What model is the phone?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KM18

It is a Telstra T Voice 507.

Jupiter

On the phone:

• Press the softkey under MENU. Scroll to SETTINGS using and press OK to confirm.
  • Scroll to REGISTRATION using and press OK to confirm.
  • Select REGISTER HANDSET and press OK to confirm.

Then, on the modem

• Press and hold the Pair button on the modem (button between the Power and WiFi Buttons) for 5 seconds.
KM18

Thanks so much. That worked. Well done😃👍

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit