Marchan
Level 1: Cadet

Home Phones

We have a TELSTRA desktop phone Model TSH-D. Can we get an extension phone to suit for use at the other end of the house. If so, please advise the model.

regards,

Martin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Home Phones

Hi @Marchan 

According to the instructions manual you can add the same phone that you already have at the other end of the house through DECT

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/TSH-D-QSG.pdf

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

The manual states on page 14:

“You can register multiple TSH-D phones or compatible cordless phones”.  (Emphasis added)

So the second phone can be a compatible phone, but it does not list compatible models, so to be safe it’s probably best to obtain a second TSH-D.

- that way one could fully utilise the inbuilt Intercom, transferring calls and conference calls functionality.

Mkrtich

Hello everyone - the TSH-D supports DECT CATiq 2.0 for full integration with the CATiq 2.0 Base Station inside the Telstra Smart Modem. One of the disadvantages of the TSH-D is that it needs 240 volt power adapter to operate despite its user manual mistakenly referring to non existent internal batteries.

If you don't wish to have a Desktop phone as the second extension and prefer mobility, the Telstra Smart Handset Cordless (TSH-C) phone also supports CATiq 2.0 and can be used with full functionality as described above. Its predecessor, the Telstra T-Voice 503 or other vendor's CATiq 2.0 DECT handset can also be used. 

A  DECT-GAP handset will also pair to the Telstra modem's base station as CATiq 2.0 is backwards compatible to DECT-GAP but it will be limited to have very basic answer and make calls functionality. CATiq 2.0 is specially developed for Carrier Gateways - it does away with the need for external cordless base station.   

Dowser

Thanks for clarifying what is compatible.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit