Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I re direct my landline number to my mobile

You should be able to lift the handset on your phone and dial:

* 2 1 (Mobile number) #, Hang-up

Then to disable it dial:

# 2 1 #, Hang-up

You can find more info on call forwarding types and features here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-set-up-call-forwardi...

Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
aaron
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

You should be able to lift the handset on your phone and dial:

* 2 1 (Mobile number) #, Hang-up

Then to disable it dial:

# 2 1 #, Hang-up

You can find more info on call forwarding types and features here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-set-up-call-forwardi...

Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

brandonz
Level 4: Private Eye

An easier (but longer) way to do the same thing is to call your Telstra Features Assistant on 1# and tell it you'd like to turn call forwarding on. After giving the lady the forwarding number, you'll hear some lovely Telstra music and all done!

If something I've said has been helpful to you, I'd love to hear about it! To give me Kudos, just click the 'sunshine' icon over on the left-hand side of the page under my avatar. Thanks a bunch!
kimba2378
Level 4: Private Eye

Call forward - immediate *#21# - Check Call Forward Immediate Status *21 [forward number] # - Enable Call Forward Immediate on all incoming calls #21# - Disable Call Forward Immediate Call forward - busy *#24# - Check Call Forward Busy Status *24 [forward number] # - Enable Call Forward when line is Busy for incoming calls #24# - Disable Call Forward Busy
BobbieG
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How can I re direct my landline number to my mobile ON BUSY

The *24 mob number# does not work as when my landline is called the mobile does not ring and there is a message on my land line saying my number is incorrect and check the number. I have called Telstra 3 times and they will do the diversion for me, we will see if it works in a few hours ! I have been doing this for 20 years, something may have changed ?

Kelly-1

I have tryd to take call forwarding off and it won't work is there something I'm doing wrong ?
BlouseyJane

Hi,

I am trying to call forward my pabx system to my new IP phones, but it's not working...

I have tried through the phone system, doesn't work...

I have tried the *21 phone number, and that hasn't worked.

Also tried the 1# and talking to the telstra chick and that's not working either...

any other suggestions, l'm starting to get very frustrated???

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You could try *1 xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx is the number you wish to divert to.

If this works, the to cancel it would be *00

PABX systems work differently to regular landlines.

If it is to be a "Permanent" redirection, Live Chat and see if they can arrange a diversion from Telstra's end.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Taj2007

How can I redirect my landline phone to my mobile for a week

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Taj, the details at http://goo.gl/8KlZ64 advise how you can forward your calls.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Aston

@2006janice1 wrote:

How can I re direct my landline number to my mobile

shelby22

i just tried * mobile no and then # and it didnt work?

i'm trying to divert my work number to my mobile, could you let me no how i can do it, please

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey shelby22,

You need to put 21 after the * then your mobile number and then # at the end, try that. Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jeffcj50

how do i redirect my land line

@2006janice1 wrote:

How can I re direct my landline number to my mobile

ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jeffcj50.

Instructions can be found in this thread.

Thanks.

Arist

eril

If I re direct my landline to my mobile, do all calls or receive to my mobile, show as coming from or to my landline?

eril

If I rediect calls from landline to mobile, do they show as coming from or received by the landline number?

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No they don't show as coming from your home phone- they show as the number of the person calling your Home Phone. 

MiroM

After trying all posbile conbinations to call forward to my mobile number, I finally gave up and called Telstra.

Seems that the service was not tunrned on for my land line phone, even though all the phone messagse said that forwarding was on when I input all the correct codes.

So if you have the same trouble, you might need to call Telstra to turn on the service first.

Why its not on by default, is beyond me.

fore0404

Solved ta
michaelshur

I do not have the landline actual phone any more so I cannot press *21 etc.

How would I do it otherwise?

Michael

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi michaelshur If you're unable to utilise the self-service codes to set this up you can call us on 13 22 00 to speak with Billing support to arrange a system-based call redirection.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit