Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How do I report a fault with my home line?

Reported phone out for my  80 year old farmer father - he lives on his own, can get flooded in and being on a farm  can be dangerous. Phone went out over 2 weeks ago. Rang through fault on 15/3/17 - registered number 163525228 they said it would be fixed by 23/3. Phone not working by the stated time - rang faults again (they said it was fixed - I said "No it isn't ) - registered fault no 163644607 meant to be fixed by 29/3 - still not fixed. Today, rang faults - sat listening to the piped music for  90 minutes - did not get to speak to a human at all.......

Living regionally(30min from Tamworth NSW) - mobile reception is very poor due to the topography. Last time when he had continuing faults I had to write to the local member to finally get something done. 

What do I do now - start raising carrier pidgeons?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How do I report a fault with my home line?

Hi Clare19,

Welcome to CrowdSupport and I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing issues your father is experiencing with his landline. You can report the fault online here: http://tel.st/dv2z

Please let me know how you go.

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Logged an online fault on the 30th - SR-1-1106008454288 and an email complaint - SR-1-1105980473270.  Only had an email reply of please call a 1800 number - bit hard to do when his landline is not working......

Dad rang Telstra via mobile on the 5th was told it would be fixed by the 28th of April - he didn't stop to get a ref. number as he was so irritated.

I rang on the 10th April and Karen confirmed it would be fixed by the 28th. I explained that Dad lives alone on a farm and is 80 years old. That the offer of a blue tick phone was no better than what he had - he has a blue tick phone, service is intermittent and he has to walk around a paddock to get reception. So, Karen lodged another complaint - SR1- 11116739741331 to try to escalate the fault. She said someone would contact within 24-48hours - have stayed home waiting for a call that hasn't come.

In short, I have the feeling that no one in Telstra cares about my fathers' SAFETY!

It is now 28 days since the first fault report was logged. The Customer Service Guarantee states that for existing services that faults should be rectified within 3 working days... what a joke.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Clare19,

If there is little to no mobile coverage in the area then tech support should be able to arrange a satellite interim phone if the field technician is scheduled a fair time away by the 28th. 

The complaints team should also be able to assist with this if technical support has not been able to provide this option so far. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

ever since nbn was ibstalled my phone ( hot connected to modem ) will not work.

The one connected to modem works fine. After several complaints, new phone,

no help. This i have had reason to complain about Telstra, after 20 years.

Bob Jones

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi Rob,

Unfortuneately the NBN installation will stop your old phone line from supporting normal telephones as there is no longer a phyical connection to your local telephone exchange or outer RIM caninet via copper telephone cable.

If you have a fibre optic connection to the NBN (Fibre To The Premises) you can connect your houses internal phone lines to a port on the box without on internet account. you need to have a account with a VoIP (voice of internet protocol) telephony supplier though.

If you have a copper wire connection to the NBN (Fibre To The Node) you can connect your houses internal phone lines to a port on the vdsl modem only with an internet account. you need to have a account with a internet provider and or a VoIP (voice of internet protocol) telephony supplier as well.

Sorry many people are upset at this happening!

Regards

John

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit