John667
Level 2: Rookie

How do I Turn off Voice Mail on Landline

I recently purchased and set up a Telstra Guardian 301 phone, which includes an answering machine. Any messages left still continue to go to the old VoiceMail (101) set up. How do I switch this off so messages are left on the Answering Machine??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: How do I Turn off Voice Mail on Landline

Hi - if the time for the Answering Machine is set to say 3 rings, it will usually stop the call going to Telstra Message Bank if it is programmed to divert to there after 5 to 8 rings. I have kept my Message Bank service activated as it takes incoming calls when I am on the phone talking to other people - I don't like to interrupt an active call and find the superimposed warning beeps annoying when I am talking. 

I tried disabling Telstra Message Bank by dialing codes but it didn't work for me, so I left it enabled - required me to dial in and set a new password first. After that, I decided to leave it ON. 

Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How do I Turn off Voice Mail on Landline

To cancel the landline message bank, you can fill out Telstra's online form here: https://tel.st/t7w5e

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit