Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do you contact Telstra about a problem?

How do you contact Telstra about a problem?

Whenever I ring 132200 they don't like my answers and the computer hangs up on me.

When I use the Trouble shoot routine on the computer its of no help because its not my phone that has the problem.  Its the mother-in-laws phone and she is no longer Young and she is in Brisbane and I am in NSW and Anna won't let me across the border.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do you contact Telstra about a problem?

If you can't get through on 132203, you will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen - you don't need to be logged in to the app to send a message), and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the message screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

No, you can't use the Telstra App.  I tried that.  It simply takes me around in circles like the computerised phone answering system.  

And, Thankyou for this advice "Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong"

Well things have gone wrong and I have tried 5 escape routes and none of them work..

This forum seems to be the only method of communicating with Telstra.  A fellow can't phone, email, text, have an online chat, or use the mobile App.   It might be helpful if Telstra was to send a message to all customers that if they wish to talk to Telstra that they have to place a message on this forum and then click on the three dots in the top right of the screen.  Perhaps you could run a series of ads on TV to show people where you have hidden the tree dots,.  NUTS

Did you type "Speak to a consultant"? That usually breaks the loop. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have been trying for 5 days to have a simple phone call to explain something with my bill from 2014 which has magically popped up on my account 

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit