Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How to get Home Phone Privacy Settings to work?

Answered

I am getting unwanted calls and want to opt out of Directory Listing. On my computer or on MyTelstra app the option is not working and I cannot contact anyone at Telstra by phone. I just keep getting endless recordings or when I get through to someone they redirect me to a line that does not answer. I understand the issues around providing service in the current environment though I thought if I could get through to someone they might be able to fix the issue for all users not just me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: How to get Home Phone Privacy Settings to work?

Depending on what the phone calls are , it may not help ! Many of these calls now are generated by a program that randamly generates numbers to be rang.

There is also the do not call register that you have to renew every year, but that still will not stop all the calls.

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector
Accepted Solution

Depending on what the phone calls are , it may not help ! Many of these calls now are generated by a program that randamly generates numbers to be rang.

There is also the do not call register that you have to renew every year, but that still will not stop all the calls.

FTTN Tech. Appinions are my own.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi chrodo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of the nuances of the types of unwanted calls to which you are referring.

However, I do not want my name and phone number in the Directory Listings for private reasons.

Thanks again.

No unexpected surprises

With direct debit, we’ll let you know before we take out your bill and give you a simple way to check it.

Spend less time worrying about bills, and more doing what you love.

Setup direct debit